Protein Diet Foods For Weight Loss – Eat These For A Successful Diet

Protein helps you build and maintain lean muscle, plus it keeps you feeling full for longer. Here are the best protein diet food choices to maximize your weight loss success.

Bowl of canned tuna on wooden background.bigacis/shutterstock

Tuna

Canned tuna has 22 grams of protein and just under 100 calories per 3-ounce serving. That makes tuna 94 percent protein, while the remaining 6 percent of calories come from fat, namely heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which have been linked to weight loss. If you go for “light” tuna, you get the lower mercury option because it’s skipjack tuna, which is a smaller fish than the albacore tuna in canned “white” tuna. In addition to being one of the healthiest high-protein foods, tuna is also rich in vitamins and minerals such as niacin, selenium, and vitamin B12.

Canned tuna is versatile too — mix it with a little Greek yogurt, avocado, or hummus with fresh herbs, then scoop it into a whole-wheat pita or salad bowl with plenty of fresh veggies to round out your meal with flavor and filling fiber. Or, for a low-carb option, try this quick and easy tuna and green bean salad with artichoke hearts.

Grilled chicken breast on dark wooden background.eugena-klykova/Shutterstock

Chicken breast

Chicken breast is a top item for a high-protein diet. It’s about 90 percent protein, with 20 grams of protein and only 1 gram of fat per 3-ounce serving. Increasing the lean protein in your diet has been linked to long-term weight loss as it makes you feel full and full without packing on calories. In fact, a review from 2015 in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition suggests that higher protein diets may help people manage their weight. Keep a few spice blends on hand to keep your chicken breasts from getting boring, like chili powder and cumin for a Mexican-inspired meal, or rosemary and garlic for an Italian version.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.